After School CSI ClubLincolnshire Primary Schools
6 Week Programme
- Week 1 | Introduction of Crime Scene Investigation (Including the Criminal Justice System) | Classroom Based
- Week 2 | Fingerprint and Print Analysis | Classroom Based
- Week 3 | Analysing Footwear & Tool Marks | Classroom Based
- Week 4 | Weapons & Blood Spatter Patterns | Classroom Based
- Week 5 | Hair & Fibre Analysis | Classroom Based
- Week 6 | Crime Scene Investigation Workshop | School Hall Required (1 1/2 hour Session)
Our after-school clubs typically run for a 6 week period and are usually funded by parents, but in some cases are funded completely by your Primary School. We focus on teaching the principles of scientific inquiry to children through inquiry-based learning, using the topic of Forensic Science and Crime Scene Investigation.
The following 6-week programme can be delivered to a minimum number of 25 pupils and up to 60 pupils. The programme is aimed at and is suitable for Year 4, 5 & 6 pupils.
This 6-week programme is designed to Raise Aspirations and Attainment in Science and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) at an early age when it really matters!
These 6 weekly sessions consist of a series of engaging Forensic Science topics, culminating in a forensic science Crime Scene Scenario workshop session in the 6th week, where all pupils get dressed up in White SOCO suits and apply their newly acquired skill-set to investigating their group Crime Scene! The workshop is a great introduction to the Criminal Justice System at an age when it really matters!
Additionally, all pupils will be awarded a CSI certificate.