Salary and Hours
ADHOC (day rate)
Purpose of the Job
To support and assist in the delivery of forensic workshops in schools and venues country wide.
Pulse CSI Director Jacqui Thompson
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with preparations for workshops which includes, packing and unpacking the work van, preparing boxes of resources, stock take (counting and sorting), cleaning and re-organising equipment and van.
- Setting up resources at venues according to the number of attendees in preparation for the workshop.
- Ensure preparation of demonstration materials are in place for the director.
- Participate in the delivery of workshop by interacting with the attendees and handing out necessary equipment/resources.
- Supervision of attendees whilst they are participating in hands-on activities.
- Clean-up and pack up equipment and disposing of used items safely at the end of the workshop.
- Maintain and update presentations as and when required.
- Maintain and update written resources as and when required.
- This post requires travelling and overnight stays in accommodation funded by the company.
- Hours depend on location of workshop.
- Some Workshops may be back-to-back, which will mean consecutive working days away.
- Flexibility of Availability is essential.
- Physical lifting of heavy boxes, transfer equipment from van to venue and venue to van.
- Working away from home, possible consecutive workshops away.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good standard of English, Written and Verbal.
- Ability to constantly observe and intervene where attendees appear to be struggling.
- Ability to engage with young people.
- Ability to work with vulnerable young people who may have disabilities.
- Logical, Organised, Practical way of thinking.
- IT Competent – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Canva etc.
- Interest and understanding of Forensic Science.
- Basic knowledge of Forensic Science.
- Ideal to have experience working with others.
- Excellent and professional interpersonal skills.
- Being punctual and reliable is essential in this job role.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities required for the on-going development of the business.