Half Day Forensic Science Sessions
If your Primary School budget doesn’t stretch to a Full Day CSI Forensic Science Workshop, why not consider a Half Day Forensic Science Masterclass?
Our half day Forensic Science Sessions are available for small class sizes or additionally, can be tailored to a full school delivery. Equally, if you want to deliver our masterclass to a full year group this may be a more cost-effective option for your school. Additionally, if you are a Primary School, we can now also make some basic forensic resources available for your Reception pupils, ensuring that they to feel involved in the day’s activities!
This Half Day Masterclass acts perfectly if you are launching a new topic or project in CSI, Detectives, Crime & Punishment or STEM-related topics or as a conclusion to a topic that your school has studied during the term.
Session Format for Half Day Forensic Science Sessions
Introduction to Forensic Science and the methods, applications and processes used, during a Crime Scene Investigation and a great introduction to the Criminal Justice System at an age when it really matters!
- Dusting for Latent Prints (All pupils will be dusting for fingerprints using authentic magnetic powder)
- Ten print forms using black ink
- Footwear analysis using Footwear lifts
- Fibre & Hair retrieval including analysing the pupils own clothes fibres & hair under UV microscopes
- Keyring allocation to all pupils with their own ‘unique’ fingerprint impression, a keepsake for the pupils